Open, Direct, and Honest Communication
Combined with Experience, Dedication, and Skill





Address Bar

Establish Parent–Child Relationship and Child Support

When a mother or father is filing a Petition to Establish Parentage or defending themselves once the petition is filed, his/her attorney will need to address both the legal and emotional aspects of the case.

The same is true when a parent is looking to make post-decree changes to the prior court order due to a change in circumstances. A party may seek to amend the prior judgment or court order - to change custody or visitation, to modify child support, to request additional contribution to the children’s living and educational expenses, to remove the minor children out-of-state, or to enforce the prior order due to a parent’s non-compliance.

In many paternity actions, the initial step is a DNA test to confirm the identity of the minor child’s father.  Once the father-child relationship is established, the court will order child support and a visitation schedule.

It is important that you are comfortable with your attorney.  The initial consultation is the opportunity to see if a good relationship can be established and to guarantee that you feel comfortable on a personal level with your attorney.

Contact the Family Law Office of Amy E. Richards to discuss your legal rights and options related to your paternity case, including, but not limited to: